West Ashley – Advanced Studies Magnet Guidance Program
The mission of West Ashley Middle School--Advanced Studies Magnet’s Guidance Department is to provide a comprehensive counseling program that strives to meet the academic, personal/social and career needs of every student. Through the school counseling program, all students are challenged to explore their passions, interest and talents, acquiring the skills, knowledge and attitudes needed to become effective students, responsible citizens, productive workers and lifelong learners.
The vision of West Ashley Middle-Advanced Studies Magnet is for all stakeholders to be committed to developing the whole child by providing a nurturing and safe environment that fosters a rigorous academic curriculum that will prepare students to become productive citizens and future leaders.
- Every individual makes a significant difference in the lives of others.
- Every person is a valued contributor and an active participant in the learning process.
- Diversity enables us to learn from one another and to extend our knowledge.
- Acting with integrity, honesty, respect and accountability is essential.
- A passion for excellence in life-long learning should be cultivated.
- Informed choices, a strong work ethic and civic responsibility result in productive citizens.
- A safe, secure and comfortable environment is critical to success.